Dorothée Vermeiren is counsel in the Brussels office of Clifford Chance LLP and has been with the firm since 2007.
As a former member of the banking and finance team, Dorothée has a strong track record in banking litigation and restructurings and insolvencies. Dorothée also specialises in commercial arbitration (including acting as an arbitrator herself) and competition litigation, and advises clients on compliance with anti-corruption and sanctions legislation.
Dorothée is recommended by clients for being “excellent” (Legal 500, 2018) and “fantastic, very responsive and proactive – nothing was too much trouble for her.” (Chambers, 2018) She is also listed as an ‘Associate to Watch’ in Dispute Resolution by Chambers.
Licenciaat in de rechten - Ugent
- D. BRULOOT, and D. VERMEIREN, "Wet Continuïteit Ondernemingen Hervormd.", De Juristenkrant (DEURNE) 273 (2013), p. 2–3.
- D. VERMEIREN, Hoofdstuk VIII Financiële zekerheden, in Wet & Duiding, Bank en zekerheden, eds. D. Blommaert, J. Cerfontaine, J. De Bruycker, V. Sagaert en R. Steennot, Larcier, 2014.
- Clifford Chance Briefing, Collective actions in Belgium, 28 March 2014
- Clifford Chance briefing, New Belgian rules for follow-on damages increase risk of antitrust damages claims, 6 November 2017
- Clifford Chance Briefing, New Belgian Insolvency Rules, 6 November 2017
- D. VERMEIREN, International Arbitration 2019: Belgium, Chambers & Partners Global Practice Guide Arbitration [due to be published in 2019]