YOUNG ICCA - CEPANI40 Skills Training Workshop on “Cross-examination in international arbitration”
We are pleased to invite you to attend a Young ICCA-CEPANI40 Skills Training Workshop that will be held in Brussels on 14 September 2018, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, followed by a cocktail reception.
The topic of the workshop is “Cross-Examination in International Arbitration”. It will consist in presentations made by experienced practitioners on the basics of cross-examination in international arbitration, followed by a practical cross-examination exercise, during which the participants will be able to test their skills on mock factual witnesses, before mock arbitral tribunals.
The faculty members are the following:
- Nadja Al Kanawati, Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd, Zurich
- Lucas Bastin, Essex Court Chambers, London
- Guillaume Croisant, Linklaters LLP, Brussels and London
- Lorraine de Germiny, LALIVE, Geneva
- Maarten Draye, Hanotiau & van den Berg, Brussels
- Janice Feigher, Norton Rose Fulbright, Paris
- Vanessa Foncke, Jones Day, Brussels
- Michelle Glassman Bock, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP, Frankfurt
- Bruno Hardy, Liedekerke Wolters Waelbroeck Kirkpatrick, Brussels
- Benjamin Jesuran, Hanotiau & van Berg, Brussels
- Katherine Jonckheere, Three Crowns LLP, London
- Marine Koenig, Meyer Fabre Avocats, Paris
- Matthias Kuscher, De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, Amsterdam
- Alexander G. Leventhal, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP, Paris
- Jan Spangenberg, Manner Spangenberg, Hamburg
The workshop is kindly hosted by Jones Day at its Brussels office, Rue de la Régence 4, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. It is sponsored by Jones Day, Hanotiau & van den Berg, Liedekerke Wolters Waelbroeck Kirkpatrick, ICCA and Quinz.
Additional information: Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, we will provide accommodation for 20 of our members residing outside of Brussels in a central hotel for the nights of 13 and 14 September 2018 (twin bedrooms to be shared), on a first come first served basis. Please indicate in your email whether you would like to apply for accommodation. Last but not least, lunch will be served between the morning session and the afternoon mock cross-examination sessions and a cocktail reception will be held after the end of the workshop.
Application and registration: There are 40 spots available and 20 of them are reserved for Young ICCA members to attend the event. Participants will generally be confirmed on a first come first served basis.
To apply, please send a short email captioned “Young ICCA-CEPANI40 Workshop in Brussels” stating your interest along with a resume to yiccabrussels2018 [at] youngicca [dot] org, and indicate whether you are interested in performing a cross-examination during the afternoon session. Please kindly note in this regard that we may not be able to accommodate all requests to do the cross-examination, but that other active roles, such as drafting the cross-examination script, will be available.
All participants are expected to bear their costs of transportation to, from and within Brussels, as well as incidental expenses. They are further responsible for any necessary visa arrangements.
To view the current version of the programme, click here.
We look forward to seeing you in Brussels,